segunda-feira, outubro 31, 2005

Weekend + Past Month Review

I didn't play much on Saturday. Yesterday I played some Omaha8 before the Horse tourney at Full Tilt. I lasted through the first hour, after I raised in the CO with 77 and a donkey called me down. The flop came AK4 rainbow, I bet he called, 9. I checked, he checked and then a river 3 which I bet and he called. He shows Q9. GRRRRR

Anyways, I played 4 180SNG and placed in one. It was my best showing at the final 2 tables. I had about 18k in chips. But I got over aggressive with AK expecting someone to fold, after I moved all in. Both players had me covered. The early raiser called and so did the other one. Flop comes Q high, early raiser checks and calls other player all in. The other player had a set of QQ and the earlier player had AK. I know I made a mistake but if he was willing to call all in with A high, why not just push all in preflop?

This month was not that good money wise, but I think I am doing really well understanding this variance and learning to keep my cool most of the time. In addition, I have been playing much better. I understand what it means to be tight aggressive now, at least I think so.