segunda-feira, outubro 24, 2005

FT HORSE Tourney!!!

First I want to share I came in second last night in my first HORSE tourney at Full-Tilt. I really shouldn't be playing tournaments at full-tilt, but at around 8:25pm last night I checked the tournament tab, and there it was - Horse @ 8:30pm. I thought about it since it was $30 to sign up, but I had decided I wanted to try it out. I had been talking to a coworker about the game. There were around 105 players signed up. I managed to play well the first hour staying around the average. I told my girlfriend that if I wanted to make money I need to do well in the second hour. The blinds increase fairly quickly and people get impatient and get knocked out quickly. I thought Hold-em would be my strength, but I guess I was cold carded for those rounds. I took advantage of the high/low games where the players make a lot of mistakes, sometimes being over aggressive with their highs. I managed to reach 18k in chips and stick around the top 5. Around the end of the second hour, I took the chip lead and never looked back. I lead the tournament by about twice as many chips as the second place until we got to 5 player. I made a few blunders being over aggressive and gave away my chips. It was a great fight when there were 3 of us left. Everyone had the same amount of chips (54k). But in the end I was outplayed by my opponent and finished in second, cashing about $624. My first tourney, it was great. This means I have about enough to go back to 2/4, and go back to 2/4 I will!

I have been doing well with my cash games, played a bunch this weekend and squeezed a small profit. I didn't do well at all in my satellite nor the Blogger tournament, but it was cool to be in it. I managed to place in a few of the SNGs. Tomorrow I plan to try out the 180 SNG at PokerStars. I am also creating a new account at Party Poker to get some rake back, finishing the account with Empire.