quinta-feira, outubro 13, 2005

Live Blogging the Poker Stars $3 rebuy

8:15 I rebuy for $3 for a total of $6 spent and starting 1500 in chips.

8:16 I get AK in UTG + 1 and I push all in. I get called by two players. QQ and 77. I manage to hit an A at the river and I triple up. Looking at 1st place early.

8:19 I limp and the same guy that called with 77, pushes all in. I have As9s, and I fold. Someone else calls. He had AKo, the flop is all spades and I would have tripled up again. Too bad I folded.

8:22 I have pocket 8s and I raise to $160, and I get 2 callers. The flop shows an A, so I check. They bet the turn and I fold.

8:29 I limp with 6s. Two players move all in and I fold. They both show AQo. My 6s would have held up.

8:33 I have about 8445 chips. Average is about 4k.

8:39 I am in the bb and I see a free flop. It doesn't hit me. Someone pushes all in and as I move my mouse to fold, I misclic and call. NOOOOOOOOOOOO! A total of 7k+ in chips. I am so retarted. Next hand I push with 94s and i get 3 callers. I hit a 9 on the flop to win the hand. I also had rebought. So now I have 4.1k chips, but average is about 5k.

8:48 I haven't gotten any good cards and I am just watching the all-in rebuy fast at my table. Just not my style.

8:50 I am in the big blind and everyone folds to the cutoff who pushes all in. I have Ad8d and choose to call. Loose yeah, but I think he is either on a steal or it's a race. I am wrong as he shows AT. We split the pot since the board paired our aces and had another pair with J kicker. Phew!

9:00 I can't catch any cards to make a move...

9:01 I have A7o and 3 limpers, I decide to push... big blind calls and one of the limpers call. A7 vs TT vs A5. I rebuy one more time and another rebuy addon.

9:02 I got the Hiltons (QQ) and I pushed all in hoped to get called due to my loose all in prior to this hand. I get a caller and they hold-up. I have not 6k.

9:03 I have KcQc I raise 4x bb and I get 2 callers in LP. Flop is J 4 3 and I make a size pot bet, they both fold.

9:09 I call a 3bb raise with AcTc the flop is Kc Q 9. It gets checked around to me, I bet half of the pot and get miniraised. I decide to call. Qc hits the turn and the guy pushes all in. I make the retarded call and I am down to 1.6k. He had the straight.

9:13 I have Ah8h. I decided to push allin so I can rebuy. I ran into QQ and I don't improve. I rebuy 2x. Now I will wait for the add-on. I think I rebought too many times... i think I would have done better had I not misclicked. Tournement will commence soon.

9:15 Add on of another 2k in chips, average should be about 10.5k... That's not good for me. Had not misclicked I think I could have done much better. I spent about $24... 9 more than I would have liked.

9:24 Tournament restarts.

9:27 UTG+1 KsJs, I raise 3bb and everyone folds.

9:30 I raise 3bb in the SB after everyone folds to me. BB calls. I bet half the pot and win.

9:30 Next hand everyone folds to me I bet 4bb and bb pushes all in. I think and fold.

9:33 I have KsQs and I raise 3bb. BB calls. I miss the flop but he checks to me and I make a pot size bet to take it down.

9:36 Pay structure is good... Top 135 players will make the money, but I really need top 100 to make my money back. Top 5 pays over 1k. About 870 left.

9:43 Blinds $100/$200, one limper, and I have AK in EP. I raise to 1k. Guys who protected blinds goes all in. I know I should fold, but I decide to gamble. I flop an A and they had 99 and TT. I win and manage to go to 14k in chips. Average is now 13.6k.

9:44 A brazilian guy from Rio de Janeiro (carioca) named Morfina just set on my table... making good conversation.

10:04 I have been cold carded for a while... just folding away. Any reasonable drawing hand either I am not in position or there is too much action before my move.

10:07 I have AcQc. Blinds are $100/200 $25ante. http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=146882. Nice win.

10:10 I double up again. But I did get lucky. http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=146884

10:12 Tried to protect my blind, but it didn't work. http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=146888

10:14 Tried to steal a blind and called all in and won again. http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=146889

10:23 I bluff at this guy who wants to protect his blind. http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=146892

10:25 Break. Blinds will be 300/600 with $50 antes. Average is about 20k. I have 42.4k. Nice hour for me. I hope I keep my luck up. I know it means nothing but I am 39 out 533.

10:39 Cold carded for a while. Raised with 9s and everyone folded. http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=146907

10:44 Cold call 3bb raise from EP in BB with AKo. No improvement, I fold to continuation bet.

10:50 Cold cards... UTG+1 Ad9d. I raise to 2k ($400/$800). One caller. Flop is 2 diamonds, I semibluff with a pot size bet and the oponent folds.

11:11 Another bluff that works. http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=146916

11:18 I protect my blinds with JTo. SB checks after K Q x flop and I bet pot size and he folds. I think my tight image helps since I have only played about 13% of the hands.

11:22 I raise in early position with 9s and everyone folds.

11:29 I tried to steal the blinds from cutoff with weak Ace but, get reraised. I fold preflop.

11:33 Another break. Blinds will be $1k/$2k with $100 antes. Gotta win a few races... Avg is 50k and I have about 43k.

11:40 Gutsy play... Another bluff. http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=146929

11:44 Chip leader just moved to my table $250k in chips. I have about 62k.

11:47 One of the bad players just eliminated someone and doubled up to about 106k in chips. I like that since I have a good read on him. He is to my right and will attempt to steal my blinds... Has done that before. I hope to catch cards... not many so far.

11:50 He steals my blinds and I warn him against it.

11:58 I win a hand with AQs with a positional raise.

12:02 Lost a race with AK to QQ in the button.

12:03 Pocket 2s in the cutoff. Make the same raise as AK and everyone fold and I get the blinds. Currently seating at 42k in chips. Average is 74k and i have the 4th lowest stack on the table. Table avg is about 100k in chips. 7 more people till the money. But that's not enough, I need to come in top 99 not to lose money since I made more rebuys than I should have.

12:09 I made the money. I managed to steal a few blinds and I still have 41.5k in chips. I need some good cards and to win a few races to make a run. I will start loosening up a bit.

12:14 Played this hand against the Brazilian. I thought he would lay his hand down, but he didn't. This time my semibluff didn't work. http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=146941. Out in 129th and I won $20.25; however I lost about $3.

Worth my time, I think I played well with the bad cards I was dealt.