terça-feira, outubro 25, 2005

Last Night

I finally signed up for a Party Poker account with rake back last night. I am very excited, as I will be playing $2/4. I played in a $10 Poker Stars SNG (27) last night, and took a very big bad beat and I was out early. I didn't let it get to me, and with $50 chips I almost made a come back if it wasn't for another river beat. While I was playing the tournament, I was playing $2/4 at Full-tilt, and I did very well. I will post a hand later from a fish who I sucked out for his lack of aggressiveness, and show why you should never slow play big hands. Overall I was happy with my play, since I made a lot of good decisions.

Here is the hand that removed my chances from winning the SNG.

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=153525

I am a very aggressive player, so I don't mind raising after a limper in MP with 77. I could see this was a good table since I had 4 callers. Pot was around $410 and the flop came T 4 4. I wanted to know where I was and I bet half of the pot. I was ready to lay down the hand to a raise or not go any further in betting in the next rounds. I get one caller. I figured he had the T, so I was not going to bet it anymore. However, I turned the 7 for a full house. I decided to make a weak bet, to induce another raise and then I was going to push all in. I bet about 1/3 of the pot, and the player miniraised, so I definately knew he had the 4. So I bet almost all of his chips and he pushes the rest in. I called and the river brought the case 4 for a four of a kind. Most important is that I didn't lose my cool, and managed to get back to 500 chips to lose a race between A9s vs KT where I turned the 9 and he rivered the T. Unfortunate, but as another blogger (http://bettingforvalue.blogspot.com/) puts it, making the right decisions is what matters most, since on the long run the outcome with be more positive than negative.