quinta-feira, dezembro 08, 2005

SNG

I have been playing 4 SNGs per day and after starting with an awesome run. I had about 17 where the most I was able to do was get into 3rd place about 2 times. This was very frustrating. I lost many races where I was ahead and I had one or 2 beats where there were pp confrontations and I lost(AA vs JJ and QQ vs 88). I had only $25 left, so I sat down at the NL25 shorthanded. I had a really good run and got my money back to $100. This was fun. Back at the SNGs.

So I played about 8 in the past two days. 2NL Holdem, 2PL Holdem, 2Stud8 and 2Omaha8. The cards have been doing justice to my game. I came in first 3 times, and 2nd twice, and that's really good. I am very excited about Stud8 and Omaha8. It's a game that certainly awards good tight play early on and aggressive short handed play which is my strength in tourneys.

I have said before that I am doing this mostly because of the free-roll that Clube do Poker gives every month. There is a very good post on that site and another very good one at the Brazilian Circuit Blog Site. Must read if you are trying to improve your game.

Portugues

Eu tenho jogado 4 Sng por dia e logo que eu iniciei eu tive bom sucesso. Mas nos ultimos 17 eu nao me dei muito bem. As melhores colocoes foram terceiro 2 vezes. A falta de resultados foi muito frustrante. Perdi varias corridas onde eu era o favorito, alem de algumas maos onde eu era o favorito com o outro jogador, mas a mao deles melhoraram (AA vs JJ e QQ vs 88). So me faltavam $25 dos $50 que eu havia depositado. Sentei numa mesa de NL25 com 6 jogadores e transformei esse dinheiro em $100. Foi divertido e la estava eu de volta aos SNGs.

Nos ultimos dias joguei por volta de 8. Uma mistura de NL Holdem, PL HOldem, Stud8 e Omaha8. As cartas me ajudaram muito e eu cheguei em primeiro 3x e segundo 2, fui muito bem. Estou gostando de jogar Stud8 e Omaha8. Eh um jogo que remunera o jogador bom e agressivo quando esta perto as ultimos 4, o que eu considero um dos meus fortes.

Eu ja falei que estou fazendo isso simplesmente por causa do free-roll mensal do Clube do Poker. No site deles tem uma materia muito boa sobre SNG e tambem uma outra no site do Circuito Brasileiro. Leitura obrigatoria para quem quer melhorar o jogo neste estilo.