terça-feira, dezembro 27, 2005

2006 Rules and Goals

First of all, I want to be as disciplined as possible about my game in 2006. It will be the year, where I will make or break playing poker. I plan to use my 2006 stats to figure out the type of extra income I can extract from poker. So far whenever I won a big tourney, I take money out, or when I have an extra 1k sitting there I extract. This will be a year to grow my bank roll and to also determine if I am a winning player.

Since September I have had 2 winning months and 2 losing months. My overall winning percentage has staggered around 1bb/100 and although I don't think that's great, I am glad I am still a winning player. Tourney wise I have been able to get about 30% ROI. I will have a post in the beginning of the year with the post about my abilities.

Now I will be setting some rules:

Rule #1:
I will play consecutive days on whatever I did well on the day before, whether it is NLHE Cash, LHE Cash, PLO8 Cash, O8 Cash, SNG or Tourney.

Rule #2:
I will play NL and Limit, never both on the same day. Never play more than 2 tables. This has in mind improving my return.

Rule #3:
Unless in a tourney, never play more than 2 hours. I tend to make a lot of silly mistakes at the end of a session. I seem to lose focus.

Rule #4:
I will play 15 tourneys per month. I need to be selective and play those well. Sometimes I get busted early by another player's luck or by a bad play and I tend to start a new one quickly.

Rule #5:
I will play no more than 2 tournaments per day. This also allows me to concentrate on them and improve my reads. I tend to make a bad play if I am not concentrating or taking notes on the players.

Rule #6:
I will play only 2 tables SNGs at a time. I am not good enough to 4 table or 6 table. When I did try it hurt my ROI.


If I think of anything else I will update these rules later. Now let's set some goals.

* Make $50k overall, but breaking down about $25k in cash games and $25k in tourneys.

* Play 3k NLHE hands per month for a 4bb/100 profit

* Play 3k LHE hands per month for a 1.5bb/100 profit

* Play 1k LO8 hands per month for a profit

* Play 1k PLO8 hands per month for a profit

* Play at least 10 tourneys per month

* Play 30 SNG per month for more than 20% ROI

I think this is very reasonable, if I am capable of abiding by the rules. I will try to become more disciplined and focus on ameliorating my game by sculpting my skills... I hope my game is not as bombastic as this last sentence.

I am not sure whether I am moving my money out of my Party Poker account into Poker Stars. The new player VIP program is quite interesting and I would probably be inclined to play in it. My biggest problem is how to separate my bankrolls for tourneys and cash games since I like to play the $3Rebuys and 180Sngs there. I have to think about that. I like being an all around player in the types of the games that I described and for me this is also an important goal.