sexta-feira, dezembro 30, 2005

Realistic Goals

I know I posted some goals and I would love to hit them. I decided to do some math and figure out if they are attainable. I will need to run really well and to win a lot of tournaments in order to make $50k. It's not impossible as I think if I maintain my discipline, I can beat the game up to $5/10.

I figured I will be playing about 2k hands per week which should account for about 96k hands. I am back grinding 2 tables at $2/4, but I know I need to move up in limits if I want to make more money. I know I can probably play more tables, but I want to concentrate and beat the tables I am playing at. Table selection is also something I have been improving and it should translate into more bb/100.

In the past 3 days after reading Low Limit Holdem by Lee Jones, I have been looking at the game a bit different and after 1k hands I have won 5bb/100. I know it's not enough, but I just feel different about the way I am playing, my reads are better and I am no longer a tight aggressive overplayer. I am still tight agressive, but changed to solid. This is very good.

So to start the year I will be playing mostly $2/4, grinding about 12k hands. I have close to 20k hands I winning about 1bb/100 which sucks. I feel like I was over aggressive and attempted to make many plays that players in this level don't grasp. In any case, I will use this as a basis to all my calculations, thus making goals that I can achieve. I want to keep on grinding and move up in limits. I plan to finish the year at $5/10. Here is the breakdown:

$2/4 - 12k hands(1bb/100) + (.5bb/100 in rakeback) = $480 profit + $240 rakeback
$3/6 - 50k hands(1bb/100) + (.5bb/100 in rakeback) = $3000 profit + $1500 rakeback
$5/10 - 34k hands(1bb/100) + (.5bb/100 in rakeback) = $3400 profit + $1700 rakeback

In all my goal should be to make about $10.3k and move up to the $5/10 tables. Ideally I will earn more, and be happy with my play. At the end of each amount of hands that I play I will post how much I won, charts etc.

I have to figure out when I will be playing tournaments as the schedule above is a tough schedule to keep and also play tourneys. I think I can play every other saturday. In addition I will continue to play sgns to make the free rolls for the website Clube do Poker. I think the 50k is possible, if I can make some final tables and win them. In all I would also like to earn 2bb/100 instead of the 1bb/100 which should put me at about $21k and much closer to what I really want to make for the year.

My next post will be on the first with my charts and numbers for sngs, mtts and cash games.