quarta-feira, fevereiro 01, 2006

Anxiety Gone!

I think I played much better tonight, although the end wasn't pretty and the results not that great.

I started playing 2 PL Holdem SNGs. I won and took 2nd for a quick $58 profit. I then played the 10.5k Guaranteed at FT and played well, but made a mistake against a guy whose only move was to go all-in. One hand I raise 3.5xbb with AQ from early position and he jams for about half of my chips (1400). The big blind goes all-in with 1.5k+. I decide I am bit and I fold. They both show AQ. Two orbits later, table leader who has been very aggressive limps from the CO. He has been in a lot of pots, so I raise 3.5xbb from the SB with AJo. The all-in guy goes all-in for about the same amount. I normally fold in this situation as I didn't feel committed, but I decided he has a middle pair and wanted to race. He shows 99 and I ask for an A. Flop A J 9, the no more help. Unfortunate. I jam from early position with 88 for about 1.2k (blinds 120/240), and big blind who is the table chip leader calls with TT.

In the $10+1 at PP, I made the money and I played extremely well. I lost several races with AQ and AJ to 22 and 33. That upset me, but my aggression was keeping me afloat. I played really well. But got moved to a table with a lot of chips. My 5k in chips was not good enough to win and I felt pressured to double up (avg 13k). In the cutoff I have As 7s, and I jam. SB wakes up with KK. I manage to flop 2 spades, but no A or spade comes in the next streets and I am out about 143rd.

I played a $5 SNG with 45 people. But my hands, managed to find better hands. 88 vs JT flopped flush and 55 vs 66 flopped set. I had little chips by the time it got to 50/100. I pushed with A8 and found AT. Lost there too.

The worst one was my adventure into the $100 PP tourney. I decided to play as I am not sleepy at all. After 8 hands, I have KK in early position. I raise to 45 and the bb calls. Flop is Jd 9d x. He checks and I bet 50. He mini raises me. I reraise to 300. He thinks and reraises to 500. I jammed and he shows trip Jacks. I am out!

Overall I think I played really well and if the cards had helped a bit I could have managed to go further. I don't think I made any big mistakes.