domingo, janeiro 29, 2006

Waste of Profit

I have been playing tournament poker really well in the past 2 months. The month of December I won a few, and made several final tables. Early in the year I won a $30+3 tourney and then I went off to Brazil so I didn't get to play much. There I won a tourney for a total of 4.2k ($130 buyin with 1rebuy). I came back and played 2 tournaments ($10+1 and $24+2). In both I did extremely well. I came in 12th in the 10+1 and if it wasn't for me protecting my blinds at the wrong time, I would have come top 5. The other I made 2 mistakes that cost me my chip lead and then I had to play short stacked. I came in 29th out of 725.

Friday, things turned around, not because of luck, but because I have been forcing things rather than letting them happen. I was tired because I had to work early on Friday, so when I got home, I tried playing a tourney I don't remember. I lost early, and jumped on the $20+2 pp at 10:20 and lost again.

Yesterday I had to wisdom teeth removed, and the drugs + pain didn't help my game. It's funny because I decided to play on $100 tourney and a $40. In both I made stupid mistakes early on. I am upset because I know I shouldn't have played both days and I did anyways. I am pissed because I threw away about $180. I need to be a bit more conservative and play only when I am at my full strength.

Today I have to play a free roll at 3:30 and I am contemplating playing the $500k guaranteed at pokerstars. It will depend on how I feel. I might just play that next week, after I resolve my pain issues.