segunda-feira, setembro 19, 2005

WPT Borgata Open - Report

Oh well, I didn't get even close to making it this weekend. I really have to play more live tournements to get a feel for what I should be doing and not early on. I didn't last longer than the 4th round which in my mind is very lame. Here is the full report:

$50+15 sub satellite. ($2000 in starting chips - blinds go up every 25 minutes)
Table seemed pretty easy, but one guy decides he will be the maniac. He is always pushing all-in. I am cold carded and a play in the button didn't really work so I have about $1.2k in chips. No flops are hitting me and I am actually very tired. Guy goes all in and I see myself with 6 6. I call. He had me covered. He turns AJ and I show 66... Flop is KQT for the straight. Bye bye.

$200+25 satellite. ($3000 in starting chips - blinds go up every 30 minutes)
Tougher table, guys more seasoned. AK and AQ first 2 hands, after that I sat on my money for a while. I am really cold carded and I am letting others play. Blinds $100-$200 and some short stack goes all-in for $500 chips. I have AdJd and I reraise to $1200 leaving me with $900 chips left. Big stack pushes all in. I am committed and I call. The person shows JJ and the short stack had A3. We both lose to the JJ. I am out again.

Played in 3 $60+15 shoot-0uts that give you a seat in the $500+50 satellite + $100. Came in 4th (no cards - folded away), 4th (good cards but blind structure didn't help and in the end didn't win my races), and 1st. I played well, and I also felt the table didn't have many skilled players.

$500+50 satellite. ($5000 in starting chips - blinds go up every 30 minutes)
Really tough table. I was the fish there for sure and my play certainly showed that. Twelve hands into the tourney, I have KK. 2 Limpers in early position. I raise to $450. I had seen someone make a big raise, get called and then push all in. So I was sure I would get at least one caller. Instead I got 3 callers. The big blind being one of them. The flop is 9 4 3. It gets checked around to me. The pot has close to $2000 in chips. I make a pot size bet and the big blind calls me. 2 comes in the river and he pushes all in. I called. He shows 4 4 for a set of fours.

I had 450 left. I pushed with Ad8d and got called with TT. That was another tourney.

I liked the trip because it got me some live play, but I certainly need to strategize more prior to going to these tourneys. Patience is a big thing too, since I am so used to play online. Live play is like crawling. I need something to keep me motivated.

I hope for better luck next time.