segunda-feira, setembro 26, 2005

Tilt Sessions

I have been playing well recently, normally winning 5 to 7 bb per session. I have been trying to clear the Full-tilt bonus and I just cleared my Empire Poker bonus. I had deposited $600 in the full-tilt account and I have managed to clear $40. I was up at around $780 in my roll there. In the Empire account I had deposited the $500 and managed to clear the bonus of $100 as well. I had $710 in this account. I was really happy with all of this, but I had 2 big bad tilt sessions where I did not play my best poker and I took a big hit.

First session was in FullTilt where I managed to lose about $200. I like playing 4 tables, but it's not possible to do that in full-tilt sometimes because they don't have enough players in the $2/4 tables. So I decided to play 2 full and 2 short handed. I got into a bad match with this player after a bad beat and didn't grab control of my tilt. I lost a full buy in ($100) in the short handed, and my play was definitely affected in the other 3 tables losing an additional $100 combined. After the loss I looked at my stats, and I was very annoyed that all my work for the past week had gone down the drains.

Last night, I enteded into my Empire account and I started playing well, but the table was so loose that I had to loosen up as well. I feel that because of my previous tilt, I decided I could make certain plays (bluffing, check raising). In the four tables I played I lost another $170 combined. This was not smart at all and I have to get back to playing smart poker and not let tilt take control of my play.

I really haven't come up with anything that prevents me from tilting. I need to figure it out, sooneer because tilt sessions are not good for your /hr + /100 hand avegare. I was at 2bb, but now I see myself just barely above .1bb/100 after 5k hands. Just really irritating.

Today I will play a few $10+1 3 table tournements in Poker Stars to see if I can get out of this tilt. I also played the 1:30pm $10+1 900 players in Poker Stars on Saturday. I played really well and I was getting cards but got sucked out 2x. Here are the two hands:

I have JJ in the small blind. Tight player raises 3xbb. I thought he had a really strong hand and I was out of position. Plus I had won 2 hands without showing my cards earlier. So I decided not reraise back which is something I do with JJ. I called and the flop came Jc 4c 3d. Great flop, unless he has AcKc or AcQc. Which means that he is not totally out. I make a pot size bet which is 2/3rds of his stack. The player goes all in. I call. He has AcAh. Turn and River are clubs and he wins. The other hand I had this other player covered. He raised UTG+1 4xbb and I had AsKs in the button. I should have probably reraised him to see where he stood, instead I gave the player credit and just called. Flop was Kd 7d 2c. He checks and I bet about 80% of the pot. He calls. I think he either has a set of KK or AK or AQ diamond draw. The next cards is a diamond. I didn't like it. So after he checked, I checked behind him. The river is another diamond and he pushes all in about 1.1k in chips. I folded and he showed Ad 5c. I was very disgusted with that hand. I didn't go very far. I ran into KK with AQ but I didn't think it was a bad tournement overall.

I will post some results tomorrow and now that I have 5k hands my worst hands.