quarta-feira, setembro 28, 2005

Full-tilt 10k Guaranteed (10pm)

I played again last night. I didn't make the money, but I believe it was mostly because I never caught any good cards. I took the time to take notes on a lot of the players, since I ran into a few from the night before. I am thinking of playing this tourney 4-5 times a week. I like the field and the level of play. There are not a lot of donkies and I think although there are good players, it helps me improve my overall play since I am playing with better than average players. Not to say there aren't weird plays.

I couldn't catch any cards, but I was able to use my "tight" image to steal some blinds, and double up once. I lost to QQ with AhKh in the BB. Here is the hand: Blinds were $100/200, cutoff has 4800 and i only have about 1.2k left. He makes it 800 and I shove all my chips in. He calls and his Quens hold up. I am very happy with my play. I finished around 175th, and 45th paid.

I was also able to get back on the green track playing $2/$4 short handed. I played 2 tables and I was much more in control and didn't really venture in making "bluffs" which usually gets me in trouble. I played about 380 hands and I was up about 25bb. Not bad at all. One of the things I am trying to keep under control while playing short handed is the number of flops I see. I think a good range is between 28% - 35%. The nights I tilted I was at about 40% and that's way too many since I normally get involved in hands where I endup being second best.