sexta-feira, setembro 30, 2005

Tilt Recovery

I have to say I was very upset five days ago when I tilted and dropped about 70bb. I decided I wouldn't play cash games for one day. Instead I was going to play the tournement and take some time to analyze my game. As you have read, I have played the tournements and I feel I have been playing well. In analyzing my cash games, I feel that when I tilt is because I am playing a lot of hands or "trying" to outplay my oponents. Outplay my oponents not having the goods is one of the biggest mistakes I was making. I used pokertracker to see some of my biggest losing hands and they were QJo and a few others. After speaking to a friend he told me, how most of the times this hand is easily dominated. So I am droping out of hands I am playing, especially when I am 4 tabling. If I play, I will only play in the button looking to flop straight or OE draws. Tighting up alone has helped greatly.

Since the tilt session I have gained 138bb and I am moving in the right direction. I believe I am playing well in every aspect and I haven't had a losing session for the past 3 days playing 4 tables of $2/4.

I just started using the pokertracker feature that allows me to collect data on players while I am not playing. I am hoping this will increase my earnings by 1bb/100 hands.