segunda-feira, novembro 07, 2005

Atlantic City Trip Report

I have a few hands that I want to talk about that came up in the trip. But I will leave that for tomorrow. I just wanted to post that my trip was a success and live playing is just more complete and fullfilling. I love it and I just couldn't stop playing. The interesting part is that there are a lot of bad players and it helps your pockets.

On the first day I played $6-12 limit and it was very interesting. No raise was respected and there were at least 4-5 players in every hand. That really made me think of 1-2 limit at Party Poker. I made a few mistakes early on and I was stuck for $150, but I managed to adjust to the styles on the table and I made a few very good reads. My last 30 minutes I went on a great rush and won 4 hands in a row. That put me back in the black and I was up $25 for the night. Played from 11:00 till 3:30.

The second day I went shopping in the AC mall area. I went to the boardwalk and and played some miniature golf. The weather was beautiful. Got back to the hotel, and headed to the poker room around 3pm. I wanted to play till 10pm. I decided to play NL2-5. Again, I had a real hard time adjusting early on. I lost a big hand to a draw, and I was stuck $250. I rebought another $200. I had my T high straight lose to a J high straight when the river brought a gut shot nine. So I was down to about $275. Let me paint the picture. The table was super loose and passive preflop. Even when someone made a 5bb raise, mostly everyone called. There were around 4 to 5 every hand. I am on the bb with QT and the flop brings QQJ. I check, someone bets, and this loose deep stack player (who I thought was really good with his reads) calls. I decided to shove all of my chips in right there. I got one caller. The player had flush draw and never got there.

I didn't look back, and I ended the night up $1330 ($2030 - $700 being mine). It was a good night and I played really well. I made a few mistakes, and I think I misplayed a few hands. So I will post them here and maybe get some opinions.